MDD file system and MSD - Internal Flash demo firmware
Fede Maidana
2010-01-08 14:24:11 UTC
Hi
I'm trying to use MDD file system to open files stored in the PIC 18f4550 internal flash. Those files were saved from the computer using the pic as a mass storage device.
When i want to use fsfopenpgm function, the compiler says "couldnt find definition of symbol fsfopenpgm ... ".
There exists the line "#define allow_pgmfunctions" in fsconfig.h.
Thanks
Fede Maidana
2010-01-12 22:35:59 UTC
"Nobody responded to my last post, what am I doing wrong?"

ivp
2010-01-12 23:59:56 UTC
> "Nobody responded to my last post, what am I doing wrong?"

Nothing, Fede. If I had an answer for your problem I'd help

wbr

Xiaofan Chen
2010-01-13 00:07:37 UTC
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Fede Maidana <fedexlacria-***@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> "Nobody responded to my last post, what am I doing wrong?"

Nothing wrong. For example I am not into USB mass storage device
so I do not know the answer.

For PIC USB related questions, you may get better
luck in Microchip forum where more experts are in.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=102

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com
Tamas Rudnai
2010-01-13 01:00:41 UTC
Hi,

I have never used Microchip's FAT16 library, however, quick search on
it there is something I have spot. You wrote the function name full
small case, however, the correct function name is FSfopenpgm (with the
FS capital). Knowing that C is case sensitive It might be your issue?

Tamas

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Fede Maidana <fedexlacria-***@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to use MDD file system to open files stored in the PIC 18f4550 internal flash. Those files were saved from the computer using the pic as a mass storage device.
> When i want to use fsfopenpgm function, the compiler says "couldnt find definition of symbol fsfopenpgm ... ".
> There exists the line "#define allow_pgmfunctions" in fsconfig.h.
> Thanks

/* www.mcuhobby.com */ int main() { char *a,*s,*q; printf(s="/*
www.mcuhobby.com */ int main() { char *a,*s,*q; printf(s=%s%s%s,
q=%s%s%s%s,s,q,q,a=%s%s%s%s,q,q,q,a,a,q); }",
q="\"",s,q,q,a="\\",q,q,q,a,a,q); }

Fede Maidana
2010-01-13 11:26:05 UTC
Thanks for the reply

I´ve tried writting the function name taking care of the capital letters, but it didn´t make any difference.

I need to know if i have to define this function because i can`t find it anywhere in the included files.The only thing i find is the declaration " FSFILE * FSfopenpgm(const rom char * fileName, const rom char *mode); " in FSIO.h (which i have included).

Fede

Fede Maidana
2010-01-16 12:14:37 UTC
I could solve my problem, but now i have another.The definition of all the functions of the mdd file system are in FSIO.c, wich is inside "Microchip Solution\Microchip\MDD File System" directory.
Including that file (fsio.c) to my proyect, now gives me the following compilation error:
C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\MDD File System\FSIO.c:798:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignmentC:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\MDD File System\FSIO.c:1386:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
Those lines are:mediaInformation = MDD_MediaInitialize(); ----> FSIO.c:798 mediaInfo = MDD_MediaInitialize(); ----> FSIO.c:1386
Thanks