[EE] Volume 2 of Bob Pease columns on Analog available for download
CDB
2017-03-10 23:57:17 UTC
As an eBook, Electronic Design are providing a download of some of his
columns he wrote.

It covers battery power/charging, ripple rejection and amplifiers.

You do have to register to download the book.

http://electronicdesign.com/Electronic_Design_Library_Focus_on_Bob_Pease_on_Analog_Vol._2?code=UM_NX7BA2

--

***@btech-online.co.uk

Web presence: www.btech-online.co.uk

Hosted by: www.justhost.com.au

This email is to be considered private if addressed to a named
individual or Personnel Department, and public if addressed to a blog,
forum or news article.

RussellMc
2017-03-11 05:21:57 UTC
*************WARNING ***********

________________

> To download you have to "Register" with 'Penton'.

I do not know who 'Penton' are but the terms you agreee with by registering
are perhaps the slimiest, greasiest, lawyerish low life scumbaggish down
right despicable and generally abominable that I have seen. Quite apart
from facile, demeaning, astounding, scurrilous and pathetic.

The Gates foundation's is more targetedly pernicious, and Air Asia's flight
insurance was more obscurely dastardly, but this may take the cake as an
indicator of people whose New York, Avenue of the Americas, General Counsel
that you never want to deal with.

I'd strongly consider forgoing the pleasure of reading Bob's erudite
expositions if having these low-life's in control in any meaningful way was
the cost.

Russell

*** NOTE *** Penton links tend to have tracking data attached. If passing
them in I suggest truncating them - usually just before the first "?"

Penton TOS http://www.penton.com/terms-of-service

Penton PriPol http://www.penton.com/privacy-policy

Semi random sample of their stuff.
Reading this may be illegal.

10.1 THE PENTON PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND,
WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. ALL DATA, INFORMATION, TOOLS, AND
OTHER SERVICE CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED
STRICTLY “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND NO PENTON PARTY SHALL BE
RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY
FOR ANY DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES, OR DELAYS OR FAILURES TO PROVIDE
UPDATES OR CORRECTIONS, IN CONNECTION THEREWITH OR WITH ANY RESULTS
OBTAINED THEREFROM. THE PENTON PARTIES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR
GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY,
MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE OF THE DATA, INFORMATION, TOOLS, OR OTHER SERVICE CONTENT MADE
AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) ON
WHICH THE SERVICE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL
COMPONENTS, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR CAN BE RELIED UPON IN ANY
RESPECT. NO PENTON PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR
ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY ITS
NEGLIGENCE OR OMISSION IN PROCURING, COMPILING, CALCULATING, INTERPRETING,
EDITING, WRITING, REPORTING, TRANSMITTING, OR DELIVERING ANY INFORMATION,
DATA, OR OTHER SERVICE CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR
INTERRUPTION IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PENTON PARTY BE
LIABLE IN ANY RESPECT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THE BASIS OF THE
CLAIM, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION
TAKEN BY YOU OR SUCH OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN RELIANCE UPON ANY SERVICE
CONTENT, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER UNDER
ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF
OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE AND/OR ANY SERVICE CONTENT, INCLUDING
LIABILITY OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR GOODWILL, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM
INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY OTHER
LIABILITY OR DAMAGES, WHETHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE, IN ANY WAY ARISING
OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE, IN EVERY
SUCH CASE EVEN IF ANY PENTON PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF (OR OTHERWISE MIGHT
HAVE ANTICIPATED) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE SERVICE (INCLUDING
ALL OR PART OF ANY COMMUNITY OR ANY OTHER PORTION OF THE SERVICE) MAY BE
DISCONTINUED, LIMITED OR MODIFIED, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, IN THE SOLE
AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF PENTON, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON, WITHOUT
NOTICE AND WITHOUT LIABILITY ON THE PART OF ANY PENTON PARTY TO ANY PERSON
OR ENTITY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE, THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE
CONTENT (INCLUDING POSTS ON COMMUNITIES, WHETHER BY PENTON PERSONNEL OR
THIRD PARTIES), AND YOUR USE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SERVICE
CONTENT, IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU.

​__________________

http://electronicdesign.com/Electronic_Design_Library_
Focus_on_Bob_Pease_on_Analog_Vol._2

Expunged:

?code=U M _ N X 7B A2
http://mai
RussellMc
2017-03-11 10:35:13 UTC
I realise that this is in EE still.
I've left it there as I'd like people who consider accepting this offer to
think about whether the T&Cs are to their likeing.
They may be.

You seem to be able to download part 2 from

http://electronicdesign.com/site-files/electronicdesign.com/files/uploads/2016/11/29/FOCUSONBobPeaseonAnalogVol2.pdf

____________________________________

You may wonder if the Penton T&C I mentioned are just excessively verbose
lawyerese and they don't overly mean it. After all, who would really be
like that.

As a guide to a possible answer, here's something from another Penton site.

I did some looking around at who Penton are and what they do.
They do all sorts.
Nancy Friedrich, the content Director for Penton for the Electronic Design
site, is Editor in Chief of "Microwaves & RF".
The M&RF front page prominently features an offer for ZOOMINFO GROW.

I agree to the Terms of Service
<http://www.zoominfo.com/business/about-zoominfo/terms-conditions> and Privacy
Policy <http://www.zoominfo.com/business/about-zoominfo/privacy-center>. I
understand that I will receive a subscription to ZoomInfo Grow at no charge
in exchange for downloading and installing the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor
utility which, among other features, i*nvolves sharing my business contacts
as well as headers and signature blocks from emails that I receive.*

In the
​ associated T&C it says

By providing ZoomInfo with access to your email client and/or email
account, you agree to grant ZoomInfo and any of its affiliates the
following licenses: (x) a license to access Contact Data that you have
stored in your email client and/or email account, including in your
contacts list and email messages, until you uninstall the Software and (y)

*​​an irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute, publish, perform or
display the Contact Data, and sell, transfer, assign, disclose, or make
available the Contact Data to any third party, including ZoomInfo's
customers, contractors, strategic partners, agents and service providers.
The foregoing license grants to ZoomInfo shall be non-exclusive, perpetual
and royalty-free, and ZoomInfo shall have the right to sublicense, assign,
or transfer such licenses in its discretion. ...*
​R

http://mailman.mit.edu/mai
Bob Blick
2017-03-11 20:40:49 UTC
Two can play at that game, here is volume 1:

https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/FOCUSON_BobPeaseAnalog.pdf

BB

RussellMc
2017-03-12 06:43:25 UTC
> Two can play at that game, here is volume 1:
>
> https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/FOCUSON_BobPeaseAnalog.pdf

WOW!
And the rest ...

https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/

legitimate?

_______________________

Q: Does anyone know how legitimate these are?
Penton are giving them away gradually at price of free + your_soul.
Bob is of course not of Penton derivation, but they may have obtained
rights to do this - or may be giving away material that is free to garner
registrations (good trick if you can manage it).

SOME of the material on the xdevs site appears illegitimate.
eg an ebook that loudly says it is a single use copy that may not be copied
Plus various books with the standard copyright sections and no indications
thatthis version is made available at no cost. '

Russell

http://mailman.mit.e
John Gardner
2017-03-12 10:42:23 UTC
Bob & Russell - Thanks.

http://mailma
KPL
2017-03-12 17:22:56 UTC
while looking for other sources of the same document, I found this:
http://www.pearl-hifi.com/06_Lit_Archive/

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM, RussellMc <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Two can play at that game, here is volume 1:
>>
>> https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/FOCUSON_BobPeaseAnalog.pdf
>>

> WOW!
> And the rest ...
>
> https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/
>
> legitimate?
>
> _______________________
>
> Q: Does anyone know how legitimate these are?
> Penton are giving them away gradually at price of free + your_soul.
> Bob is of course not of Penton derivation, but they may have obtained
> rights to do this - or may be giving away material that is free to garner
> registrations (good trick if you can manage it).
>
> SOME of the material on the xdevs site appears illegitimate.
> eg an ebook that loudly says it is a single use copy that may not be copied
> Plus various books with the standard copyright sections and no indications
> thatthis version is made available at no cost. '
>

> Russell
>

> --

KPL
2017-03-12 22:14:55 UTC
Well, that sent me off searching through a black hole that has used up a Sunday afternoon and evening. Found some gems though, including 2nd edition Horowitz and Hill (but missing chapter 1) and a heap of other items that got downloaded.

2017-03-14 16:55:49 UTC

> WOW!
> And the rest ...
>
> https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/_Lab/
>
> legitimate?

Only problem is they seem to have a throttled download rate, and only one download connection at a time.

Wouter van Ooijen
2017-03-14 18:48:23 UTC
Hi all

Next week I'll visit Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. I seem to have some day
parts to spend as I see fit. Anyone here with good recommendations
(either touristic or electronics-related)?

Wouter "Objects? No Thanks!" van Ooijen

/**/
*//*
<https://www.google.nl/search?client=opera&hs=LbE&q=kuala+lumpur&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0pbK609bSAhWCTBoKHYdHBM0QvwUIGSgA>

Josh Koffman
2017-03-14 19:11:36 UTC
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Wouter van Ooijen <***@voti.nl> wrote:
> Next week I'll visit Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. I seem to have some day
> parts to spend as I see fit. Anyone here with good recommendations
> (either touristic or electronics-related)?

Hi Wouter,

My last time in Kuala Lumpur I went to the bird park -
https://www.klbirdpark.com/ . It was really neat to see actually.

There is an electronics district in both cities, but I don't have any
links, and to be honest it's been a couple of years since I've been to
either city. I remember KL's being a street, and Singapore's being a
building. Both were pretty neat though, hopefully someone will have
more info for you!

Josh
fools.
-Douglas Adams
2017-03-14 20:00:38 UTC
Quoting Wouter van Ooijen <***@voti.nl>:

> Hi all
>
> Next week I'll visit Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. I seem to have some day
> parts to spend as I see fit. Anyone here with good recommendations
> (either touristic or electronics-related)?
>
> Wouter "Objects? No Thanks!" van Ooijen

'Some day parts' is pretty limiting. If you had enough time for
excursions, Air
Asia is based in KL and is very cheap (and quite okay). For example,
Kuching (Sarawak) return is about EUR70. From there you could join a
tour to go into
the jungle and visit a longhouse, try to spot Orangutangs, etc.
Headhunting is almost unheard of these days, fortunately. You'd need a
few days for that.

In the KL area, I found the Batu caves interesting. You can do that in
1/2 day.
I guess the Petronas Towers are worth a visit- they're nowhere close
to the Burj Khalifa (Dubai) in height, but still the tallest *twin*
building in the world.

Check out the Royal Selangor pewter if you like that sort of thing. Malaysia
used to be a major source of tin (for solder and pewter) but I think no more.
You can find tea plantations (supposed to be worth a visit) and natural rubber
trees. Malaysia was colonized by Britain, the Portuguese and the Dutch- you
might find some evidence of that in the architecture.

Malaysia is a multi-racial with some interesting tensions between the
Muslim majority Malays and the Chinese and Indian contingents.

--sp

RussellMc
2017-03-14 23:21:32 UTC
More anon maybe:

Singapore
Deep-ends what you like
Comments are based on what I like and I'd expect you'd like.

Electronics - Sim Lim Square
Good for component level, motherboards, peripherals up through whole
systems.
Some cameras etc but focus on consumer goods or "stuff"
Recommended (by me :-) ).
Be wary as you always should be with sellers. I've never had majpor
problems but have had minor ones and there are som bad reports - but no
worse than many other places.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_Lim_Square
1 Rochor Canal Road, near Little India
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_India,_Singapore> accessible via MRT
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Rapid_Transit_(Singapore)> at Rochor
MRT Station <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochor_MRT_Station> of Downtown
Line <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Line>.

Zoo is very good.

Carefully note location of Sentosa Island so that you can avoid it like the
plague.
(Party / fun / entertainment / $ sucking place. Good for maybe one loop for
fun if all else exhausted)

Little India
China town
Arab quarter.
When the Bristish established Singapore they set up ethnic areas positioned
with the aim (I'm told and can largely believe) of maximising competitive
attitudes and tensions - divide and conquer et al. Be that as it may,
shadows of the past with related names remain and have relevant interests.

Arab quarter or Arab Street - one visit only, I enjoyed a range of
interesting experiences and foods but these may not be representative. An
area with a concentration of 'Arab' food shops and some other related
activities. A good range of foods, atmosphere related. I met people sharing
a Hooka - content unknown but SIngapore being what it is, probably very
legal.

Chinatown is very touristy with much of what you see in CT's in Western
cities. People, shops, food galore. Some 'genuine' temples.
1st trip I managed to join a long shuffling queue to the temple of AU Lim,
the goddess of mercy. Links top Christianity and various Asian religions
interesting+. They were very happy with me and my camera. Large incence
sticks, oranges, flaming Milo tins (NZ produced :-) ) for lighting incence.
Chances of you encountering such only minimal.

Little India is very Indian but almost wholly tourist oriented. Still
worthwhile and a good feel.
Has most "laid back" Mosque I have ever met. Visitors allowed free reign
while locals pursued their worship and other activities. [One visit I
gently 'evicted' a crowd of young (large) Japanese tourists as they were
acting in essentially obscene and definitely disrespectful manner - I'm a
committed Christian but wrong is wrong in such cases. [[Very gentle
persuasion and offers of photos taken outside ... :-) ]].

Enough

If in sobre somber reflective mood.
Changi Museum - all about World War 2 experiences.
How it affects one will vary. If you have a mental/emotional link with your
nations WW2 history (Holland & NZ both relevant) then this may be one of
the most emotionally violent, gut wrenching, terrible, wonderful,
marvellous, enlightening, overwhelming places you'll ever visit. Or not.
We were lucky to chance on the museum's director outside as we arrived and
he added to an already memorable opportunity.
My (not exactly true but you get the idea) comment on leaving is that the
papers next day may report an elderlyish NZer going on a rampage and
killing N wholly innocent and perplexed Japanese tourists. War is always
bad, but this was worse. I knew that very well already but still astounding.

Cheap efficient frequent MRT rail system runs all over. A very quick easy
way to get to many places. A prepay card system is available at a small
overhead cost. More for convenience than cost savings but still good.

Garden in the Bay.
Despite being OTT tourist oriented reasonably pointless compared to the
cost etc YOU MUST GO THERE

Be sure to see Marina Sands hotel from various views. (2 towers with
super-'canoe' on top.)
You cam't miss it :-)
Amazing.
At GITB you are close - look at curve of building and how rooms look out
etc.
Nice infinity pool at top - have to pay stupidly too much just to go to see
it (I haven't been inside)

You can catch small boats out to various islands off coast - in
Malaysia-Singaore channel and elsewhere.
Not enough time in 1 day but eg Pulau Uban has boat trip and you can rent
'mountain bikes' and similar (and many do) and ride through trails and
trees and a few snippets of old Singapore but not many houses etc. (At far
end there is a mountain bike course!. One section is named "Grassy Knoll"
:-).

End of MRT in Changi direction past airport has many food shops and nicish
beach where you can see airliners on final far lower than expected and then
in amongst the trees (it seems and may be) just before reaching runway.
One of the most impressive airport approaches I've seen.

Old Raffles Hotel is impressive for a walk through grounds of.
Super restored to and beyond Colonial grandeur I believe.
When I was there now quite some years ago they had closed it for 1+ years
for a major do up.

John Chung
2017-03-15 03:19:59 UTC
I am from Malaysia.If you are looking for electronics components there is Jalan Pasar.For handphones and consumer stuff try low yat. Both are in KL.
For tourist spots. Depends on the location. Some places needs driving.
John

http://mailman.mit.
John Chung
2018-02-13 06:37:46 UTC
It has been a very long time I have posted anything on this group. HOPE it is still alive.
Anyone invested on a Metcal? I am not sure if it is worth the dime. I do some repairs now and then but I want a good all rounder.Using the Hakko 888D currently for most of my work now.
John
Harrison Cooper
2018-02-13 15:40:47 UTC
I have a Metcal for my solder station for the last 10+ years now. I've also used Hakko, and they aren't a bad station, both for an iron and hot air. Bu

Clint Jay
2018-02-13 15:48:32 UTC
I'm going to assume you're not in the UK but just in case you are, yes I'm
interested in a metcal

Van Horn, David
2018-02-13 16:09:32 UTC
I have metcal irons at home, absolutely love them.
I use the older SP-200 line, but when that dies I will upgrade.

John Chung
2018-02-14 03:38:54 UTC
I am more eyeing the newer Metcal. Yes I know it cost me a head in the process..........

Andrew E. Mileski
2018-02-13 21:27:35 UTC
On 2018-02-13 01:37, John Chung wrote:
> It has been a very long time I have posted anything on this group. HOPE it is still alive.
> Anyone invested on a Metcal? I am not sure if it is worth the dime. I do some repairs now and then but I want a good all rounder.Using the Hakko 888D currently for most of my work now.
> John

I have a Metcal MX-5251 "Soldering, Desoldering and Rework System".

I had used one at my place of work, and really liked it, so I splurged
and bought myself one for a birthday present (i.e. any convenient
excuse) for use on my home workbench.

Though the fast heat-up time is nice, what really sold me was how well
it maintained tip temperature regardless of the thermal mass of the
component being soldered. Move from SMT, to thru-hole, to a heavy power
lug without any delay, and quickly soldering them all.

I originally thought the fixed tip-dependent temperature would be a
problem, but I've found that I've only needed to stock tips of one
temperature for all my soldering needs. Again, because of how
effectively tip temperature is maintained.

The new Ultra Fine handpieces are TINY! Perfect for assemblies where
components can be tough to reach with the full-size regular handpiece.

The only con has been slight flexing of the plug-in tip/heater. I guess
my heavy-handed soldering technique can be blamed, and I'll improve
eventually. I suspect any iron with plug-in heaters would be similar.

The desoldering handpiece requires compressed air at 80 PSI for its
venturi tube to generate vacuum. I have a California Air Tools 4610AC
"Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free" 17.4 L (4.6 U.S. gallon) compressor, a Home
Depot online purchase. It is massive overkill for desoldering, but
still surprisingly physically small and lightweight; fits under my
bench. When running (about 3 minutes from empty to full), its noise
level is not unreasonable in a residential setting. It actually makes
more noise emptying the tank at the end of a usage session.

[Leaving compressed air in a compressor's tank for extended periods can
adversely shorten check-valve spring life. Emptying the tank also helps
to avoid moisture accumulation, and tank corrosion. Don't use the
bleed-valve to remove the bulk of the air, as that is horrendously
noisy, and should only be used for moisture removal. A large diameter
"blow-gun" attachment is much faster and quieter. The compressor also
works great with airtools like nailers; my first air-tool purchase for
it was a 23 ga. pin-nailer.]

I'm suspicious there may eventually be a move to obsolete the Metcal
line with similar Oki products, now that Oki own them. However, Metcal
likely has enough industry penetration to avoid that happening. I
stocked-up on spare parts (several lifetime supply) to soothe my
paranoia anyway.

~~
Andrew E. Mileski
John Chung
2018-02-14 03:34:51 UTC
Metcal is an amazing system. Back in Malaysia. Everything is marked up. I have a few things in life that I really can't live without. My fluke meters and a decent bench power supply. Even an LCR from Agilent, meter style.
It is hard to swallow the Metcal pill as it cost as much as my Tek digital scope 100Mhz. Not cheap at all. Maybe it is time as I do not want to damaged to pads from my board. I am too heavy handed at times with my repairs.

Thanks,John

RussellMc
2018-02-13 23:05:35 UTC
On 13 February 2018 at 19:37, John Chung <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It has been a very long time I have posted anything on this group. HOPE it
> is still alive.

Welcome back.
​Last post March 2017 - less than a year.​
​Lists may come and lists may go but PICList goes on forever. We hope.

Russell​
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailm
Isaac M. Bavaresco
2018-02-14 12:00:54 UTC
I recently purchased a TS-100 from Banggood. It is impressive how well
it keeps the tip temperature.

It operates from 12 V to 24 V DC. At 12 V its power is just 17 W but at
24 V it goes to 65 W, which is more powerful than my professional
soldering station.

I used it only at 12 V so far but even so it is exceedingly good for SMD
components. Already ordered a 24 V 4 A power supply to check its full
capabilities.

The tip that came with it is a little too blunt, so I ordered more tips
of three different models. The tips use an interesting construction,
where the heating element is also a thermocouple, so it has just two
connections. The tip is a single sealed unit with heating element/sensor
and costs about US$11.00.

With an ARM MCU, a graphical display and an accelerometer it is pretty
smart and I don't think anything more advanced is going to appear soon.

Cheers,

Isaac

Em 13/02/2018 21:05, RussellMc escreveu:
> On 13 February 2018 at 19:37, John Chung <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> It has been a very long time I have posted anything on this group. HOPE it
>> is still alive.
>>
> Welcome back.
> ​Last post March 2017 - less than a year.​
> ​Lists may come and lists may go but PICList goes on forever. We hope.
>

> Russell​

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

http://mailman.mit.e
Justin Richards
2018-02-15 09:15:43 UTC
I am also a fan of the TS-100.

Was keen to try the open source firmware but stock firmware plays nice.

Josh Koffman
2018-02-15 16:33:23 UTC
On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:15 AM, Justin Richards
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also a fan of the TS-100.
>
> Was keen to try the open source firmware but stock firmware plays nice.

I bought one as a "treat" for myself when I had to do some sudden
building on the road. I like it.

I'd be interested if anyone knows of more tip shapes than the standard
conical or spade(ish) tip. Ideally available in North America.

Josh
fools.
-Douglas Adams
Isaac M. Bavaresco
2018-02-14 12:24:59 UTC
OK, just stumbled into it:

<https://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-MINI-ES121-Electric-Screwdriver-Smart-Repairtools-Built-in-STM32-Chip-OLED-with-Screwbits-p-1258406.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__6&cur_warehouse=CN>

Electric screwdriver with MCU, OLED, USB and gyroscope anyone?

From the same manufacturer of the TS-100.

Cheers,

Isaac

Em 13/02/2018 21:05, RussellMc escreveu:
> On 13 February 2018 at 19:37, John Chung <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> It has been a very long time I have posted anything on this group. HOPE it
>> is still alive.
>>
> Welcome back.
> ​Last post March 2017 - less than a year.​
> ​Lists may come and lists may go but PICList goes on forever. We hope.
>

> Russell​

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

View/change your membership options
RussellMc
2018-02-15 11:16:51 UTC
On 15 February 2018 at 01:24, Isaac M. Bavaresco <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, just stumbled into it:
>
> <https://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-MINI-ES121-Electric-
> Screwdriver-Smart-Repairtools-Built-in-STM32-Chip-OLED-with-
> Screwbits-p-1258406.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__6&cur_warehouse=CN
> >

> Electric screwdriver with MCU, OLED, USB and gyroscope anyone?
> From the same manufacturer of the TS-100.

​Creative Commons logo ???
3rd to last photo.

Russell

http://mailman
Isaac M. Bavaresco
2018-02-15 11:30:13 UTC
Em 15/02/2018 09:16, RussellMc escreveu:
> ​Creative Commons logo ???
> 3rd to last photo.
>

> Russell

Yes.
It seems that this guy knows a thing or two about how to deal with the
Chinese cloning machine.
The TS-100 is open-source and have all the technical documentation
available and so far there are no clones in the market.
Let's see if it will be the same for this screwdriver.

Cheers,
Isaac

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

http://mailman.mit.
Van Horn, David
2018-02-15 15:29:18 UTC
Dangit.. Once again this email list costs me money. 😊