[EE] Where can I find these switch "caps"?
William Couture
2018-11-30 20:45:25 UTC
I need to find a source of these "caps" (buttons) for switches. I can find
the
switches, but not the caps.

They are plastic, about 12.5mm in diameter. There are pictures at

https://imgur.com/a/o7jcBfK

(sorry about the link to pictures, the original message was rejected as
too big.)

Thanks!
Bill

--
Psst... Hey, you... Buddy... Want a kitten? straycatblues.petfinder.org
Bob Blick
2018-11-30 21:15:52 UTC
Hi Bill,

Check these out:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32890066634.html

Best regards, Bob

William Couture
2018-11-30 21:27:10 UTC
Close, but not quite.

Also, this is needed in small production quantities.

Bill

Tony Miller
2018-12-01 02:57:18 UTC

Richard Prosser
2018-12-01 05:41:08 UTC
Can you get someone to print some for you? If you have a sample or decent
drawing it should be straightforward, if slightly more pricey than molded
ones.
RP

John Ferrell
2018-12-01 06:18:36 UTC
looks like a thumb tack or push pin to me...

Beads?

On 12/1/2018 12:41 AM, Richard Prosser wrote:
> Can you get someone to print some for you? If you have a sample or decent
> drawing it should be straightforward, if slightly more pricey than molded
> ones.
> RP
>
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 at 15:58, Tony Miller <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018, 3:27 PM William Couture <***@gmail.com wrote:

--
John Ferrell W8CCW
Julian NC 27283

Brent Brown
2018-12-01 06:41:29 UTC
These?
https://www.hiq.co.nz/products/category/KRS1273-krs-1273-series
https://www.hiq.co.nz/sites/default/files/product_documents/KRS1273/Keypad%20Switches.pdf
null
William Couture
2018-12-01 21:35:39 UTC
Maybe. Those look like the switches. The document makes it sound like the
caps are square, not round. Am I right?

Thanks,
Bill

Brent Brown
2018-12-02 00:19:51 UTC
Hi Bill,

Yes, sorry, seems those were only square caps. A search on aliexpress.com for
"switch cap" then search within results for "12x12" brings up quite a few both round
and square ones - most look like they fit the same style/size square shaft.

Brent

William Couture
2018-12-02 03:35:00 UTC
Yah, it's a pain.

The problem is, the company I work for is being asked to do a "form, fit,
and function" replacement for
a controller, and it would be preferable to have the same buttons.

I was hoping the "hive mind" here on the piclist would recognize what was
used in the existing controller
and could point me to them.

Thanks everyone!

Bill