[EE]: HP Network Analyser 4396B screen mirrored
Justin Richards
2018-10-06 09:07:21 UTC
Any one had any experience with HP test equipment screen starting up
mirror'ed. So looking at it via a mirror the text/screen etc is corrected.

I have seen it on a few occasions. Today its a 4396B HP network analyser.

Previously it was a Tektronix TDS754a.

Usually a few power cycles fixes but today no joy.

Justin
Richard Prosser
2018-10-07 20:41:53 UTC
If the analyser is running a version of Windows, have you tried the
Windows display options? Attach a USB keyboard and hit the WIN & P keys for
example.
RP

Sean Breheny
2018-10-07 07:08:32 UTC
Based on the age of this equipment and it's look and feel, I do not think
it is running any version of Windows. I don't think it even has USB ports -
although it does have some kind of port to accept a keyboard.

The TDS754A is even stranger since that is even older.

Justin, are you sure that the 4396B hasn't had its screen converted to LCD?
Maybe there is a mirror pin on the LCD module and it has an intermittent
connection. How long have you had the 4396B?

Sean

Justin Richards
2018-10-07 22:38:46 UTC

> Justin, are you sure that the 4396B hasn't had its screen converted to LCD?
> Maybe there is a mirror pin on the LCD module and it has an intermittent
> connection. How long have you had the 4396B?
>
> 4396B calibration history with our company starts in 1998 so it looks
like we have had it 20 years.

Both items look like they have LCDs. They are certainly flat.

This mornings tests show that it is again intermittent. Initial turn on it
was ok then shortly after it mirror'ed.

I will poke around inside and look for a mirror pin voiding the cal
sticker. Oh well.

Justin

Randy Dawson
2018-10-08 01:30:16 UTC
I had a HP VNA with the same problem, mine had a flex cable up near the screen plugging into a PCB. Unseating the flex and plugging it back in solved it for me.
Randy