[PIC] DsPIC33EP32MS502 stability issue
Jim Ruxton
2018-03-19 21:33:26 UTC
I posted some code to the Microchip forum but haven't got a response to my
question. Wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on my issue. I am using
a Microstick 2 with the above PIC and trying to generate a PWM signal. I am
using the internal FRC oscillator. I am finding that PWM only starts if I
touch pins on the PIC. Once the PWM starts I can download a new program
and PWM continues to work until powered down and restarted . This effect
seems to be independent of what the oscillator frequency is. Also I have
verified that there is a good oscillator signal whether or not the PWM is
working. Here is link to my code on the Microchip forum.
*http://www.microchip.com/forums/m1043938.aspx
<http://www.microchip.com/forums/m1043938.aspx>* Anyone ever see this kind
of behaviour?
Thanks
Jim
2018-03-20 01:17:33 UTC
Jim,

I haven't looked at your code, but issues like this are often caused by
floating pins. Unused pins should generally be set as outputs, unless they
have a pull-up or pull-down on them.

- - Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems

Jim Ruxton