[EE} Tri-pad strip board
David C Brown
2018-11-21 22:31:50 UTC
Does any body know of a source, preferably European, for tripad
stripboard.? I have a nast suspicion that it is no longer made. Which is
a pity.
David C Brown
43 Bings Road
Whaley Bridge
High Peak Phone: 01663 733236
Derbyshire eMail: ***@gmail.com
SK23 7ND web: www.bings-knowle.co.uk/dcb
<http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~dcb>

*Sent from my etch-a-sketch*
Justin Richards
2018-11-22 00:07:21 UTC
That looks like this
or
The Altronics site I was going to link to is down and hoped . to show a pcb
that is great for DIPS with three pads then two traces that run under the
DIP then another three pads.

Justin
Neil
2018-11-22 00:24:56 UTC
At $5 for 10 PCB's nowadays, I just roll my own. Biggest plus is that I
add a regulator on the board.
I'm already ordering other PCB's regularly so no extra shipping.

Cheers,
-Neil.
Post by Justin Richards
That looks like this
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/MFrey_PCB.JPG
David C Brown

Jason White
2018-11-22 13:42:51 UTC
Post by David C Brown
Where do you get ten different boards for $5?
Seeed Studio,
Smart Prototyping,
and at many, many other Chinese prototype houses.

Seeed Studio:
100x100mm, 2 layer - $4.90 for 10
100x100mm, 4 layer - $49.0 for 10

Smart prototyping:
100x100mm, 2 layer - $9.90 for 10
100x100mm, 4 layer - $47 for 10

Be aware that at "low" prices quality is average at best. Typically
the 9/10 boards are fine, 1/10 may have a cosmetic or rarely and
electrical defect. However, for the price I'd say it is well worth it,

Also keep in mind that offshore board houses may not respect you (or
your customer's) intellectual property rights.

I've used Smart Prototyping and in the past Itead Studio a number of
times successfully for non-production prototypes. I have not used
Seeed Studio but I know that they are popular with hobbyists (probably
due to price).

-Jason White
Allen Mulvey
2018-11-22 14:50:14 UTC
100x100mm, 2 layer $2.00 for 10
https://jlcpcb.com/

I have had a number of boards made by them and they are very
high quality. I usually put two or more small boards
together and they score the board at no additional cost,
just include the edge marks.

Allen

--
http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist PIC/SX FAQ & list
archive
Neil
2018-11-22 15:17:50 UTC
I've not been able to try JLC (yet?) Some non-rectangular boards
previewed very incorrectly once uploaded and they never responded about
it. But then I realized it's only $2 for the first design... $5 for any
others, and I usually have a half-dozen designs in an order, so I didn't
bother chasing it down.

Either way, PCBway has never flagged the number of holes on a board and
I've done effectively breadboards (with a small PS in the corner).

Cheers,
-Neil.
-Jason White
Neil

Denny Esterline
2018-11-22 14:22:00 UTC
https://jlcpcb.com/ needs to be in that list somewhere.

Last batch of 10, 100mmx100mm boards was $2. Least expensive shipping to
USA was about $16.

It was a very simple board, but I found nothing to complain about.

-Denny
Post by Justin Richards
that is great for DIPS with three pads then two traces that run under
the
Post by David C Brown
Post by Neil
Post by Justin Richards
DIP then another three pads.
Justin
Post by David C Brown
Does any body know of a source, preferably European, for tripad
stripboard.? I have a nast suspicion that it is no longer made.
Which
Post by David C Brown
Post by Neil
is
Jason White
RussellMc
2018-11-22 07:27:22 UTC
Post by Jason White
Worst case scenario you could have some made by a prototype PCB
manufacturer. (typically costs less than $10 USD for 10, 4x4" boards)
They MAY be unhappy with the very high hole count per area.
Phenolic (!) boards of this sort often have holes punched.

David C Brown

Chris Roper
2018-11-22 09:20:52 UTC
Use VeroBoard and cut the strips with a razor saw.
Post by David C Brown
There is usually a limit on the number of holes you can have on a prototype
board. Drilling is quite an expensive process for the manufacturer
David C Brown
43 Bings Road
Whaley Bridge
High Peak Phone: 01663 733236
SK23 7ND web: www.bings-knowle.co.uk/dcb
<http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~dcb>
*Sent from my etch-a-sketch*
David C Brown

Chris Roper
2018-11-22 09:38:26 UTC
I mentioned it because I have used it successfully in the past.
Veroboard or equivalent strip board is easy to get here but not the
variants like Tri-pad.
So I just create my own from veroboard, albeit only for very small boards.
Post by David C Brown
Does any body know of a source, preferably European, for tripad
stripboard.? I have a nast suspicion that it is no longer made.
Which
Post by David C Brown
Post by Jason White
is
Nicola Perotto
2018-11-22 12:09:19 UTC
Hi David,
https://www.tme.eu/gb/katalog/#id_category=100110&s_field=accuracy&s_order=DESC&visible_params=2%2C1037%2C1314%2C111%2C2550%2C329%2C138%2C442%2C443&used_params=2%3A45143%3B
if the link doesn't work correctly browse the catalogue:
Workplace Equipment
<https://www.tme.eu/gb/katalog/workplace-equipment_112607/>>PCB prototyping &
production
<https://www.tme.eu/gb/katalog/pcb-prototyping-production_112711/>>Universal
PCBs <https://www.tme.eu/gb/katalog/universal-pcbs_100110/>
They have a lot of good items, usually the price is not so bad.
         Nic
Post by David C Brown
Does any body know of a source, preferably European, for tripad
stripboard.? I have a nast suspicion that it is no longer made. Which is
a pity.
David C Brown
43 Bings Road
Whaley Bridge