PIC: Clicker USART issues
j***@jpes.com
2018-02-28 19:26:03 UTC
All,

I've been working on getting the USARTS working on a PIC Clicker board
from Mikeoelektronika.
No matter what I do, I can't seem to get either of them to work.
Dos anyone know if there is anything special about the USARTS that one
would need to know to get them to work?
I've used USARTS on the PIC16 series before and never had any problems.
Now that I tried using the Clicker board, I can't get it to work.
If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to hearing them.

Thanks and Regards,

Jim
Chris Roper
2018-02-28 19:49:30 UTC
You didn't say which Device, which Development board or which Click board
you are using, so some general questions:
These may be obvious to you but just to get the ball rolling:

If the Device has PPS have you allocated Tx and Rx via PPS to the lines
connected to the MikroBUS pins for Tx and Rx?
Has the development board got jumpers or patch leads to allocate PIC pins
to MikroBUS pins?
If the Click Board has jumpers are they set to the correct Voltage (3v3 or
5v)?

I have used several Click boards via USART on PIC16 and 18 devices with no
issues once the boards were patched correctly and the PPS correctly
configured.

Cheers
Chris
Chris Roper
2018-02-28 19:59:35 UTC
Jim,

Just realized that my post missed the target.
I read Clicker as Click board, not realising that Clicker was also a range
of development boards.
My bad, I have not used any of that range.

Cheers
Chris