[PIC] Bootloader for USB enabled PIC18F47J53
Jim Ruxton
2018-08-15 07:23:01 UTC

I am trying to find a USB  bootloader I can work with for the USB
enabled PIC18F47J53 . I found a free bootloader that Microchip supplies
via their Microchip Libraries for Applications. In their v_2016_11_07
version of this library they supply a bootloader for this chip. My
problem is I can't get it to compile with the free version of XC8. I get
errors like

:0:: error: (1347) can't find 0xF2 words (0xf2 withtotal) for psect
"text13" in class "CODE" (largest unused contiguous range 0xCA)
Non line specific message::: advisory: (1493) updated 32-bit
floating-point routines might trigger "can't find space" messages
appearing after updating to this release; consider using the smaller
24-bit floating-point types

Wondering if anyone has gotten this to compile with the free version of
XC8. Not sure that I want to upgrade just for the use of the bootloader.
Or can anyone else recommend a USB bootloader for this chip that may be
smaller? Would I be better off going with a UART design and an FTDI chip
or something similar. This will be my first project using a bootloader
so I am a bit in the dark here.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim
Ruben Jönsson

Jim Ruxton
2018-08-15 23:16:37 UTC
Thanks a lot. I changed the memory boundaries in the linker and it is
compiling now.
Jim
Post by Ruben Jönsson
[...]
View/change your membership options