[OT] Microchip website
Jaco du Plooy
2018-03-17 11:09:18 UTC
Hi

Cleaned up my diary and put this weekend aside to get up and running
with Harmony on a pic32.

Just needed to download it from the Microchip website to get started and
of course nothing  on it the site is available.

Trying all morning and I just keep getting errors and 404's.

I know this is a bit of a push but does anyone have an idea when it will
be available

Regards

Jaco
http://mailma
John J. McDonough

William Bross
2018-03-17 14:56:04 UTC
Main site is up but all of software development tools is still not.
Lots of other product segments also down.  But on the bright side, I did
get a 404 error page that lets me buy an ATTINY104-Xplained Nano for,
you guessed it, $4.04.  My best guess is that major site maintenance is
going on over the weekend.

Bill
View/change your membership op
Jaco du Plooy
2018-03-17 15:23:11 UTC
Thanks Bill

Feedback appreciated.

Glad it is just not me.

Also saw the ATTINY ads. Could have bought hundreds of those by now.
Pity the postage would have killed me :)

Will try again tomorrow.

Regards

Jaco
Jaco du Plooy
2018-03-17 15:03:05 UTC
Thanks John.

That's strange.

When going to https://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-harmony

still getting an error. Even tried another ISP.

Perhaps a country thing.

Maybe no South Africans allowed today :) Back to watching Rugby.

Regards

Jaco
Neil
2018-03-17 15:22:53 UTC
Go here, then click the installer you want. It should directly download
the latest IDE without needing to go through the website...
http://microchipdeveloper.com/tls0101:get-mplabx

Cheers,
-Neil.
Chris Roper
2018-03-17 15:25:02 UTC
Ithink you are correct Jaco,
I also get a 404 error from Cape Town on a Telkom account.
Back to the Rugby here too.......
Jaco du Plooy
2018-03-18 05:27:24 UTC
Thanks Chris.

Greetings from Johannesburg

Site back up and I managed to download, so back to work for me
RussellMc
2018-03-27 13:50:17 UTC
Post by Chris Roper
Ithink you are correct Jaco,
I also get a 404 error from Cape Town on a Telkom account.
Back to the Rugby here too.......
​Yellow tape, or sandpaper ...

View/change your membership option
Bob Blick
2018-03-18 06:05:31 UTC
Hi Jaco,

Yesterday I tried to do online activation and it failed. Sent an email to licensing support and waiting for a reply.

Friendly regards,

Bob