[OT]:: Drowning doesn't look like drowning
RussellMc
2018-05-03 13:35:29 UTC
This may help you to save someone's life.

https://www.soundingsonline.com/voices/drowning-doesnt-look-like-drowning

Good (hopefully) article pointing out what behaviour to expect from a
drowning person, and how it is visibly very different from what we are
usually led to expect.
Best advice is perhaps to look for either these signs OR classically
expected ones.

Russell
________________

Long long ago I was fortunate to be in just the right place to pluck a
small child, who was floating face down, from a river as they were whisked
around a bridge embankment* away from their wholly unaware family. In that
case the "signs" were very obvious. The article may help others save a life
in less obvious circumstances. (*Orewa estuary. Outgoing tide. )

David C Brown
2018-05-03 17:41:48 UTC
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46479/not-waving-but-drowning

David C Brown