[PIC} Capture Compare module on Mid range PICS
David C Brown
2017-12-20 10:53:17 UTC
Specifically the PIC16F87

When the CCM is configured to compare & software interrupt mode is the CCP
pin available for use as a normal IO pin?

I know I can find out by experiment but tapping the brains of the experts
is easier :-)

David C Brown
43 Bings Road
Whaley Bridge
High Peak Phone: 01663 733236
Derbyshire eMail: ***@gmail.com
SK23 7ND web: www.bings-knowle.co.uk/dcb
<http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~dcb>

*Sent from my etch-a-sketch*
Richard
2017-12-20 14:51:31 UTC
Post by David C Brown
Specifically the PIC16F87
When the CCM is configured to compare & software interrupt mode is the CCP
pin available for use as a normal IO pin?
I know I can find out by experiment but tapping the brains of the experts
is easier :-)
David,

Probably not.
The PICmicro™ Mid-Range MCU Family Reference Manual, Section 14, says
that the CCPx pin data direction has to be initialized before using the
CCP module.
Also found this info in Principles of CCP.pdf from Microchip (downloaded
in 2008), that said the same thing. Not sure if something has changed
since then.

Richard
View/change your membership opti
David C Brown
2017-12-20 18:20:55 UTC
Thanks. Reading deeper it does seem that the pin is always under the
control of the CCP module.. Bit of a waste. Like the UART where you
have to commit two pins even if you only want one way traffic.

http: