[TECH]:: Incoming
RussellMc
2018-04-02 00:06:58 UTC
Space-station Incoming! Refresh page (F5 in many cases to update)
Current predictions look like 30 minutes from now ober Tierra del Fuego BUT
could be China later today of Oz-NZ late afternoon or ...

or

http://www.heavens-above.com/GroundTrack.aspx

2nd ref goflo3.

John Gardner
2018-04-02 00:21:12 UTC
Seems to be taking its time scrubbing off altitude...

http://www.aerospace.org/CORDSuploads/TiangongStoryboard.png
Richard Pope
2018-04-02 02:36:36 UTC
John,
It seems to be at about 80 miles in altitude. There isn't much air
up there to cause drag. We should see it really start to lose altitude
at about 100KM, 60 miles. Any predictions of whose heads this thing is
dropping in on?
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!
James Cameron
2018-04-02 00:24:11 UTC
Yes, I've been watching the aerospace.org PNG for days now ... but it
is only a simulation based on orbital parameters acquired by various
observers, and if the vehicle is not acquired during an observation
that's the meaningful news. Not clear how we ascertain that.
--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/
Bob Blick
2018-04-02 04:28:35 UTC
Space.com says it crashed a few hours ago, over the South Pacific:
https://www.space.com/40101-china-space-station-tiangong-1-crashes.html

Bob

2018-04-02 12:29:12 UTC
It re-entered about 9 minutes after I posted that

I was hoping it would make it to near the southern part of that orbit, as
that could have been over southern NZ - approaching one of the two
"graveyard" areas, but it "didn't quite" get there. About 10 minutes short.

Russell
RussellMc
2018-04-02 12:41:14 UTC
51 station related images.

https://www.space.com/13119-photos-tiangong-1-china-space-laboratory.html

​Many are artist's impressions or promo but a good %age seem to be genuine
photos pre-launch, launch and in orbit.

Click small images in slideshow for a usefully larger version.

Russell
View/change your membership options