[tech]: source of stud/rivet type electrical connectors for escape room props
Justin Richards
2018-01-30 13:53:56 UTC
I am in search of the robust electrical connectors like those used on Queue
management vibrating pagers that they give you at a cafe to alert you when
your order is ready. They return them to a charging station where they are
stacked on top of each other..

These are for escape room props when players will be required to stack
blocks so they need to be robust with a low profile.

Any hints, search terms, links etc warmly welcome.

Justin
Justin Richards

Adam Field
2018-01-30 14:44:15 UTC
Post by Justin Richards
Similar to the press fit studs used on ESD straps.
Maybe able to re-purpose press fit studs for clothes. I will need to
experiment.
Mill Max has a good selection:

https://www.mill-max.com/new_products/detail/96
Justin Richards
2018-01-30 15:08:05 UTC
--
Close, and will come in handy but I am searching for Male with matching
Female type studs.

Mill Max appear to be mainly contact pogo pin types.
Justin Richards

Adam Field
2018-01-30 16:05:03 UTC
Post by Justin Richards
On closer inspection Mill Max may have what I want.
Cheers
https://ww2.mill-max.com/sites/default/files/external/catalog/2017-12/004-022.pdf

They have "target" connectors available, but the restaurant pagers I've
seen had the target as a pad on the PCB. I don't know how reliability would
be at low voltages, or if they have to clean the contacts often.