[EE] F connector coax cables with plastic tightening ends
Chris Smolinski
2018-04-07 14:05:47 UTC
I'm having a hard time finding something online, and I think half my problem is I don't know the correct term for what I am looking for.

I've seen RG-6 coax cables (often supplied by the cable company) with plastic pieces on the F connector ends, which make it very easy to tighten the connection by hand. I am not sure if these are integrated with the F connector itself, or a separate piece that slides over the connector.

I'd like to buy some of these, ideally as crimp on connectors, to make a number of short patch cables. Or buy some ready made cables if the price is not too bad (but I suspect I can do it for less myself, and I already have a crimp tool for F connectors). Is anyone familiar with these, and perhaps knows the term for them, so I can search around for solutions?

Chris Smolinski
Black Cat Systems
Westminster, MD USA
http://www.blackcatsystems.com
Andrew E. Mileski
2018-04-12 22:58:38 UTC
Post by Chris Smolinski
[...]
Something like this?

~~
Andrew E. Mileski
Chris Smolinski
2018-04-13 21:56:32 UTC
Yes, thanks. Now to see where I can still buy them...

Post by Andrew E. Mileski
Post by Chris Smolinski
[...]
http://youtu.be/9P3Q3uvycIQ
~~
Andrew E. Mileski
RussellMc
2018-04-14 09:26:09 UTC
PCT say "out of stock" but may be a good starting point

https://www.pctstore.com/Jumper_Sleeve_Easy_to_Use_Connector_Tool_for_TRS_p/pctjs250.htm

Amazon $19.99 + shipping per 250!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0106UKWO2/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
From "The General Lee Store"
https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0106UKWO2&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=APRLP5A1HM61V&tab=&vasStoreID=

Customer Service Phone: 208-874-2572
Chris Smolinski

RussellMc
2018-04-14 15:14:57 UTC
Post by Chris Smolinski
I saw the Amazon listing while searching for suppliers of it, only about
200 more than I'd like to buy. :) Seems like one of those patented
million dollar ideas that didn't quite pan out. I have a few cables from
the cable company (or perhaps cable modems?) with similar sleeves on the
end, which is where I got the idea. They are opaque plastic, so made by
someone else. I need to examine one in detail, and see if it is integral to
the connector/cable, or if it is a separate piece.
​If they work and are useful then $20 + shipping seems reasonable for a
lifetime supply :-).

Russell
View/change your membership options