[EE] N1IF alias HX4002B alias 1.8V-5V to 3.3V DC Step Down Step Up Converter.
Massimo Gaggero
2017-12-01 11:43:48 UTC
Hi all,
looking for a cheap and easy to use DC Step-Down Step-Up Converter to
3.3V, I found this:

https://www.banggood.com/3Pcs-Mini-2-in-1-DC-Step-Down-Step-Up-Converter-1_8V-5V-to-3_3V-Power-For-Arduino-p-1205021.html
that fits very well to my project.

But searching for more details about the IC, the only clue is the
silkscreen 'N1IF', from which I cannot trace back to a datasheet.
Googling around I found this ad

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/542865822576/

claiming the 'N1IF' IC to be a "hx4002b" charge pump. But again, no
datasheet for "hx4002b" charge pump.

Does anybody of you have seen or used this before?

Thanks,
Massimo.
2017-12-01 16:30:30 UTC
Post by Massimo Gaggero
Hi all,
looking for a cheap and easy to use DC Step-Down Step-Up Converter to
https://www.banggood.com/3Pcs-Mini-2-in-1-DC-Step-Down-Step-Up-Converter-1_8V-5V-to-3_3V-Power-For-Arduino-p-1205021.html
that fits very well to my project.
But searching for more details about the IC, the only clue is the
silkscreen 'N1IF', from which I cannot trace back to a datasheet.
Googling around I found this ad
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/542865822576/
claiming the 'N1IF' IC to be a "hx4002b" charge pump. But again, no
datasheet for "hx4002b" charge pump.
Does anybody of you have seen or used this before?
The "b" may be only a tolerance suffix appended to a "hx4002" part.
Did you see the hx4002 datasheet shown below? The recommended layout
shown on page 9 of that datasheet seems at least superficially identical
to the banggood image.

url=http://www.hxsemi.com/upfiles/20141031121620.pdf

Thank you,
--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU

Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience. - de Buffon
Massimo Gaggero
2017-12-01 16:55:47 UTC
Post by m***@crcomp.net
Post by Massimo Gaggero
[...]
Yes, I have already checked the datasheet above, but what it says in the
Features outline is "Fixed 5V±4% Output". From this, the two:
1) to obtain a 3.3 fixed output voltage a specific circuit is required
(but I couldn't find anything about in the datasheet);
2) the IC for the 3.3 V output has another part number, though from the
same family.

Thanks,
Massimo.