[OT] ftp program (filezilla)
Art
2018-06-03 00:44:56 UTC
Hi All,

I have a bunch of stuff for sale and want to list it in a homepage
hosted by qsl.net, which is free, with no tracking, to any amateur radio
operator (I'm now W1ABA).

I have almost no experience with writing html, but my needs are modest,
so I think I could get the job done. However, something is amiss.

Are there any ham radio operators with homepages on qsl.net listening? I
have an example of the html I'd like to use, but I can't change to the
index.html directory once I log in-so I can't go any further.

I also use Linux, but that should not be an issue as filezilla is very
cross platform capable.

TY.

Art
2018-06-03 02:36:42 UTC
Post by Art
Hi All,
I have a bunch of stuff for sale and want to list it in a homepage
hosted by qsl.net, which is free, with no tracking, to any amateur radio
operator (I'm now W1ABA).
I have almost no experience with writing html, but my needs are modest,
so I think I could get the job done. However, something is amiss.
Are there any ham radio operators with homepages on qsl.net listening? I
have an example of the html I'd like to use, but I can't change to the
index.html directory once I log in-so I can't go any further.
I also use Linux, but that should not be an issue as filezilla is very
cross platform capable.
TY.
Greetings Art,

index.html is a file, not a directory. When you login to ftp.qsl.net
you're placed into your own root directory (eg qsl.net/W1ABA). Just
login, then "put index.html," then open http://qsl.net/W1ABA in a
browser and you'll see a rendered version of index.html.

73,
--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU

There was a young lady named Bright, Whose speed was far faster than light;
She set out one day, In a relative way, And returned on the previous night.