[OT] I have to change eMail
Electron
2017-12-16 19:15:52 UTC
Hello,
my eMail provider is closing down.. I need to change eMail and I looked at
the Piclist Full List Manual and I discovered that I need a password that
I forgotten long ago. :D

I've searched for past messages of users in a similar situation and found
that the "membership options" page, listed at the bottom of this and
every Piclist email, had a "unsubscribe or edit options" that had the
ability to change the own address and even to email a forgotten password,
but the current "membership options" page doesn't show me these possibilities.

I wanted to avoid to ask help here, as I am supposed to have all the tools
to fix this situation myself (RTFM), but it's frustrating and after more
than 1 hour I'd like to give up and ask for shameless, parasite, assistance.

Cheers,
Mario
Electron
2017-12-16 19:32:13 UTC
PS: sorry, I hit the "send eMail" button before doing some extra attempts,
which I did and I didn't mean to send the eMail yet. I found this page to
request my password: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/options/piclist

But although I send the request, I received no password :(

So I really give up now.. please help. :P

Thank you.

---

Josh Koffman
2017-12-16 20:20:40 UTC
Post by Electron
PS: sorry, I hit the "send eMail" button before doing some extra attempts,
which I did and I didn't mean to send the eMail yet. I found this page to
request my password: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/options/piclist
But although I send the request, I received no password :(
So I really give up now.. please help. :P
Hi Mario,

I triggered the password reminder that I can access as an admin. It's
probably the same thing you did, but I figured we could try it first.
Let us know if it shows up.

Alternatively you can always subscribe with your new address and just
let the old one expire.

Josh
fools.
-Douglas Adams
Electron
2017-12-17 07:45:07 UTC
Hi Josh,
Post by Josh Koffman
Post by Electron
PS: sorry, I hit the "send eMail" button before doing some extra attempts,
which I did and I didn't mean to send the eMail yet. I found this page to
request my password: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/options/piclist
But although I send the request, I received no password :(
So I really give up now.. please help. :P
Hi Mario,
I triggered the password reminder that I can access as an admin. It's
probably the same thing you did, but I figured we could try it first.
Let us know if it shows up.
It worked, I can see you did it 2 minutes before posting this message,
so it was your attempt that worked.. thank you very much. :)

With kind regards,
Mario