[EE]:: Small simple time-non-critical bare PCB manufacture
RussellMc
2018-02-23 12:14:23 UTC
That subject line sounds terrible :-).

A look through N years of PICList posts indicates the perennial "What's a
good source of small volume bottom end bare PCBs" needs asking again.

A friend asked :
"Which company is best to make one or two off small simple PCBs for me?
Only need 1 layer but two will do if necessary. Board only, not loaded.
Delivery time not really important. Cost is important. Given the simple
layout and low track density, quality can hardly be important.

Seeed seemed to be well thought of a while ago.
What other PCB makers are happy to provide reasonable PCBs in low volume
and reasonable prices.

Russell
Isaac M. Bavaresco
2018-02-23 12:31:42 UTC
pcbway.com is hard to beat, at US$5.00 for ten boards of 100 mm x 100 mm
single- or double-sided boards.

jlcpcb.com is even cheaper, at US$2.00 for ten boards of 100 mm x 100 mm
single- or double-sided boards, but they only offer untracked standard
mail or DHL, that are not suitable for me.

Cheers,

Isaac

PS.: So far, I've placed three orders with PCBWay and everything went
OK. My sole untracked order with JLCPCB has never arrived.
Forrest Christian (List Account)
2018-02-23 13:00:23 UTC
There are some price comparison tools out there.

We use jlcpcb Ave have pretty good luck. The only gripe I have is the
lack of customer support when things go wrong and lack of commitment to
their stated lead times. One rarely matters, the other you just have to
live with.
Dwayne Reid
2018-02-23 22:39:09 UTC
We use <www.allpcb.com> for most of our non-production boards. Had
problems only one time out of several dozen orders.

I plan to try Dirt Cheap Dirty PCBs <https://dirtypcbs.com/> soon - I
just like their cheekiness <grin>.

I have used Laen's PCB services in the past - also great quality
boards. <https://oshpark.com/>

dwayne
--
Dwayne Reid <***@planet.eon.net>
Trinity Electronics Systems Ltd Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Bob Blick
2018-02-23 23:37:55 UTC
Hi Rusl,
In the last few months I've used JLCPCB, AllPCB, DirtyPCBs and OshPark. I recommend them all.
The lowest total price was about USD8 including shipping from JLCPCB for ten 2-sided boards(includes a free fine-tip marker). Took 11 days total, though it has taken as long as 3 weeks. All have quote and preview in the browser.
Friendly regards, Bob

John J. McDonough
2018-02-26 00:39:05 UTC
A while ago, someone on this list suggested
https://pcbshopper.com/
and that has continued to be a good site for me. It lets you compare
price and delivery for a number of fabricators, including delivery time.
I have only tried a few but I haven't seen huge differences in quality.

Some manufacturers will do small boards for a very low price, but a
little difference in size can ratchet the price right up. Sometimes you
might get much shorter turnaround for only a few dollars. This site lets
you look at a dozen or so companies and compare them based on your board
and your price/speed elasticity.

--McD